Saturday, February 20, 2016



Jerry's Memorial Celebration

Date: February 20th, 2016 
Time: 2-5PM   
Location: Indian Hills Country Club - Marietta, Georgia



If you would like to send flowers or a donation, please either send flowers to the Indian Hills Country Club on the morning of his celebration or make a donation in his honor to the Cancer Research Institute.  We would love it if you would include a note in either instance!





9 comments:

  1. We love you Pops. You were the best Dad a daughter could ask for and will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hempel family loved Uncle Jerry, the Nolo, and his huge sandwich hugs squishing all us kids together with his! A highlight memory is when Jerry visited me in Japan in the 90's, and we awoke in the wee morning hours to drive to Tokyo to witness the infamous Tsukiji Fish Market. Uncle Jerry and Marlene were wonderful, fun, generous hosts to my husband and me for several trips in Florida. Glad my parents and I will be able to make the trip to his life celebration. Jerry, you were family, and we miss you! Hugs to all the Fahey girls, and Marlene! Love, Heather (Madison, Wisconsin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about the huge sandwich hugs with all the kids! Thanks for the great memory and it will be so nice to see you and your parents next month.

      Delete
  3. I love you dad. You were always there for me. So many things remind me of you, and memories of you make me laugh. We ran from wild boars in Ireland, sang with waitresses in North Carolina, and danced on porches in Wisconsin. You will be in my heart forever. Love Screech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerry or Jake as I called my collecting friend over the years that I had the pleasure of knowing him, Many of the pieces in my soldier collection would not be in my showcases if not for Jerry, Pieces that I could not afford to purchase complete Jerry would say I would like you to have them George and send me what you can afford till their paid for. Jerry, I'll treasure and care each and ever figure as long as I'm here. We never met in person it is sad to say,when Mrs.Fahey e-mailed about Jerry passing on Tues I was shocked and remain so. I know The Good Lord above has saved you a dwelling in Heaven. I pray we meet again. Your friend George E Guild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize for the late post, but I felt compelled to share with the entire Fahey family just how much Jerry touched my life. I had the pleasure of working with Jerry at Kemira from 2005 to 2012. He was kind and funny, always brought a smile to my face. I appreciated his love for life. He always enjoyed a great party and incould always count on him to be the first to join me on the dance floor! I will remember his compassion. When my husband and I moved to FL we had no family and he graciously invited us to Thanksgiving knowing that we had a brand new baby and no family to spend the special day with. Marlene, his wife, was a wonderful compliment to Jery and is one of the sweetest women I have met. Jerry always lighted up when he spoke of his daughters and his wife...I thinknhebloved being a family man. It saddens me greatly to know Jerry is no longer with us. but I know he has been welcomed with open arms in heaven and he is smiling down on all of us....and partying as often as he can! You were a wonderful man and a good friend. I will miss you Jerry. 🌹👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apologize for the late post, but I felt compelled to share with the entire Fahey family just how much Jerry touched my life. I had the pleasure of working with Jerry at Kemira from 2005 to 2012. He was kind and funny, always brought a smile to my face. I appreciated his love for life. He always enjoyed a great party and incould always count on him to be the first to join me on the dance floor! I will remember his compassion. When my husband and I moved to FL we had no family and he graciously invited us to Thanksgiving knowing that we had a brand new baby and no family to spend the special day with. Marlene, his wife, was a wonderful compliment to Jery and is one of the sweetest women I have met. Jerry always lighted up when he spoke of his daughters and his wife...I thinknhebloved being a family man. It saddens me greatly to know Jerry is no longer with us. but I know he has been welcomed with open arms in heaven and he is smiling down on all of us....and partying as often as he can! You were a wonderful man and a good friend. I will miss you Jerry. 🌹👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took the news a little while to reach me, but that does not diminish in any way the sadness I feel at his passing. Jerry and I were in the original cohort of geology students at Whitewater and those good times in the classroom, laboratory and on field trips began a friendship that last over four decades. I will treasure the memories and extended to all his family my most sincere condolences.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Elaine! He is sorely missed by all of us. :)

      Delete

Please leave a message to Jerome or the family if you would like.